Final leak detection was undertaken on the 6th of December with practical completion just prior to Christmas.
The project was not without its challenges. The installation of the liner was prolonged due to the notoriously wet Melbourne winter month however our integrated civil and lining model was key in overcoming all challenges, ensuring the highest quality project outcome for the client.
Scope of works:
- Clearing and Proof-rolling of Cell foundation
- Engineered & Select fill placement – 260,000m3
- Construction of Ground water collection & monitoring system
- Compacted Clay Layer placement – 126,500m3
- Installation of composite liner system (GCL, Geomembrane & cushion geotextile) -250,000m2
- Installation of Leachate collection & transfer system comprising – 3 no. Leachate Collection & monitoring sumps Leachate pipework (5,400m), 300mm Leachate aggregate drainage layer
- Installation of separation geotextile
- 900m Boundary swale drainage works